Powered by Blogger.

Which View?

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm not new to outreach programs. Whether it's for the elders, OSY's (out of school youth), disabled individuals or kids in the orphanage. I've been exposed to charity works since I was in elementary which continued until I was in college. Palibhasa, catholic school. Nirerequire kaming umattend. But I'm not whining. I got used to it and found myself enjoying it. Aside from school, my church org used to conduct this activity.

My friend invited me to celebrate her 25th birthday with the kids of Center for Health Improvement and Life Development (CHILD) Haus. She used to be my orgmate until we parted ways after she graduated college and they transferred to Laguna. We got reconnected after she won a beauty title and got us invited in some of her gigs. Knowing this, I expect that most of the participants would be high profile.

Program started at around 11am though the call time was 9am. I came around 10:15. Since wala akong kilala sa venue, I decided to stay outside. I have a companion by the way. We decided to enter shortly after the program started. The program was fun! There's a portion from now defunct Wowowee na ginaya. (Sorry I forgot, hindi ako fan nun eh.) It was fun because you can see these high profile ladies singing and dancing in front of the kids. Nakakatawa lalo na yung mga mukang sosyalin tas kumakanta ng laklak. HAHA.
But not all are the same. You can see those who were there only for their friends and not for the kids. I believe in free will. The choice to lend a hand and watch the program is like the choice to just sit and chat with friends the whole time. Sana kung kwentuhan lang ang dinayo eh sa kapihan na lang pumunta.

Anyway, after the games the kids presented an intermission number.



Yan ang bago sa akin. Ailing kids singing May Bukas Pa and Yesterday's Dream. I scanned through their faces. Oh my! Nakakakilabot. Are they singing in bright faces? Yes they are! Got myself reminiscing my childhood days and thinking about these kid's future. Mixed emotions na. Will they last until Christmas? Or until next month? I don't know. I looked around and I saw some watery eyes yet have that perfect smile. Such a lovely sight. Everything was heartwarming.

It's a contradicting situation. Kids whom you don't know if they'll last and yet are so hopeful for tomorrow. Elite mendling with the people on or under the poverty line. People crying because of beautiful faces. And those chatting friends.

Contradictions are everywhere. There are may faces. But its your choice to turn your head and scan the whole scenario. So that you can have the best view. The best perspective or angle. It doesn't depend on anyone but you. It's your free will.

On this event, I decided to look away from these chatting barkada who didn't care about the whole program. Because of that, nakita ko ang pagbaha ng fried chicken at mga saging, mga biskwit at give aways. Aside from that, I witnessed how the kids become an instrument of hope to its listeners.

2 Nagpatay-sindi:

eMPi August 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Gusto ko rin ma-experience na umattend ng ganito event.


Pag-pray na lang natin sila... :)

Marlo August 7, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Hindi mo pa na-try marco? hmm. Abangan natin ang susunod na Ondoy. Marami akong naattendan na ganyang event last year. Haha. :D

Pang-Billboard

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP